How much time and money does it cost you when you run out of barcode printer supplies? First, a worker goes looking for ribbons, labels, and media, only to discover that “someone” forgot to reorder. So, you have a printer that can’t print. More downtime. Then you place a rush order, with the rush charges attached. By making the effort to proactively manage your consumables, you can avoid downtime and rush orders (the reactive alternative).
Don’t Rely on Someone to Remember Let Us Help
Avalon Integration can help you take control of your thermal printer supplies. Don’t rely on that “someone” to remember. Leave the job to us. We’ll monitor your usage and ship sufficient supply inventory so you don’t run out, but aren’t overstocked. We’ll also take the time to understand your barcode printing uses. In some cases, we can offer suggestions that can not only improve the quality and efficiency of your printing but also save money.
See Some Downtime Examples
- Some thermal printer ribbons are designed for high-speed printing. If you’re not using the right ribbons, you could be getting subpar results.
- You could color-code your barcode labels without the expense of color printing. Zebra IQ Colour creates up to four color zones (including black) that are activated by your printer. These thermal printer labels can be customized to place the zones in the colors and areas where you need them.
- Inferior media can cause printer jams and damage from the build-up of dust, debris, and ooze adhesive. When you use quality, you get quality. In fact, with the Printhead Protection Program, we’ll provide free printhead replacements when you commit to using only genuine Zebra supplies. Decrease sensor errors.
- A curved surface is best served by a flexible label, like polypropylene and polyolefin.
- A resin thermal printer ribbon produces better quality on gloss stock, while a wax ribbon is more suitable for matte surfaces.
- A resin ribbon provides a more durable image than either wax or wax-resin, with excellent protection against scratching, smudging, and exposure to harsh and extreme chemicals.
- Depending on your use cases, preprinted labels could be cost-effective; however, with free custom dies from Avalon Integration and Zebra, custom labels are fast and affordable, and might be the better option.
To make sure you’re getting the best value from your thermal printing supplies, schedule a free assessment with Avalon Integration. We can determine opportunities for improved productivity, efficiency, and cost savings.