With the close of the decade comes the close of the Microsoft era. As of January 1st, Microsoft has ended its support for Windows’ mobile operating systems which have powered enterprise technology for decades. Although support for Windows 7 will continue until 2021, Avalon Integration is already exploring several ways in which Android empowers the workforce to thrive in the face of the industry’s most notorious demands.
Zebra researchers have uncovered numerous challenges to be expected within the coming months. As technology continues to advance and social media platforms become ever more prolific, the rise of e-commerce will contribute directly to the 76% increase in ordered assets, which leads to more deployed devices and a greater need for efficient long-term labor. Paired with the rising labor costs across the nation, the labor shortage has also led to higher turnover rates. In the end, the 2020’s top challenges can be summarized in:
- Rise in omnichannel retail
- Inefficient labor retention
- Compressed logistics operations
Fortunately, Android operating systems have been thoroughly enhanced by both Zebra Technologies and Google to fit into the enterprise landscape.
Android is Ready. Are You?
When done correctly, OS migration can be seamless and profitable. As a Zebra Premier Solutions Partner, Avalon Integration provides all the resources needed to help you catch up with change without impacting productivity. As Zebra’s OS of choice, Android integrates efficiency by:
- Delivering much-needed security: Within the first six months of 2019 alone, there were over 3,000 publicly disclosed data breaches. As the risk of cyberthreats grows exponentially, Android is refined for enterprise with government-grade encryption and Zebra’s LifeGuard, which delivers 90-day security patches and automatic silent OS updates.
- Implementing familiarity: There were over 2 billion monthly active Android consumer devices worldwide in 2017 alone. As one of the top operating systems in the world, Android simplifies the user experience, lowering training times since the interface is already familiar to workers.
- Accommodating the next generation of productivity technology: From the latest ultra-rugged designs such as the MC9300 to native productivity applications like Mobility DNA, Android powers the latest technology designed for faster operations, accurate order fulfillment, and increased warehouse visibility from packing to shipping.
Despite the new year, it’s still not too late to migrate. Ease into a new operating system, designed for enterprise efficiency when you create your modernization strategy with Avalon Integration. Count on two decades of experience and in-depth assistance while securing productivity with solutions tailored to your needs.