Ride-hailing apps, 4K television, interactive smart speakers, online streaming services, and self-driving cars are just a few of the ground-breaking technologies that did not exist ten years ago. As a matter of fact, access to LTE services and 4G network speed has only been popular since 2015. While the world of efficient automation has redefined the past decade on the consumer front, it is also reshaping the industrial landscape.
Working closely alongside warehouses of all shapes and sizes, Avalon Integration has implemented the most revolutionizing technologies of this decade. From rugged mobile computers to intuitive printing software, modern-day enterprise-technology has integrated greater degrees of accuracy, productivity, and visibility from packing to shipping. However, we know well there is no limit to innovation. That’s why we look forward confidently towards the opportunities the new decade will bring. While we can’t predict the future, there are several technologies worth keeping an eye on within the coming years.
Revolutionizing the World of Modernization
Research conducted by Zebra Technologies has outlined numerous challenges modern warehouses can expect in the future, such as:
- Technology usage
- Efficient labor
- Capacity utilization
- Integrating quality warehouse management systems
- Inventory management within omnichannel shopping
Standing as a practical and cost-effective solution to these issues, warehouse automation brings the promise of streamlined operations, efficient labor, and lowered operational costs. A few examples of successful automation tools include:
- RFID Technology – Expanding visibility beyond the four walls, RFID tags, and readers allow workers to track moving assets throughout the warehouse floor. Furthermore, RFID scanners minimize scan time by correctly documenting several codes with one trigger pull, allowing your workforce to process more orders accurately.
- Internet of Things – Much like the consumer world, enterprise technology can also be connected and managed at a large scale through the Internet of Things. This means your warehouse can manage devices, battery life, security updates, and much more without impacting workflow.
- Power Carts – Omnichannel retail brings the opportunity for more complex supply chains, ultimately demanding more from your workforce. Mobility solutions such as Newcastle’s Power Cart alleviates bottlenecks and long travel routes while also reducing labeling errors by 90%.
- Wearable Technology and Voice Picking – Further boosting worker mobility and versatility, wearable technology such as Zebra’s WT6000 wearable computer increases productivity by 15% and can be easily paired with Bluetooth technology to create an efficient voice picking solution.
Get a head start in efficient modernization with Avalon Integration. Count on 20 years of experience when you contact us to learn more about how these and other technologies can maximize productivity and ROI within your operations.