Whether in or out of the warehouse, cold temperatures can create challenging environments for people and inventory alike. However, when it comes to cold storage, low temperatures are unavoidable, and unfortunately, even enterprise-grade devices may not survive drastically low temperatures as they face:
- Wide temperature swings as workers move between freezer and non-freezer zones
- Thick gloves that impair ergonomic features
- Unadaptable batteries that may not function in the cold
Moreover, cold temperatures also affect your consumables, creating frost or condensation, thus leaving your barcodes nearly illegible. Simply put, efficient cold storage requires durable technology capable of enhancing productivity in harsh environments. In our mission to bring the next edge of innovation to our clients, Avalon Integration partners with Zebra Technologies to integrate consistent efficiency back into cold storage with the 3600 Series ultra-rugged barcode scanners.
Nothing Like the Rest
Unlike competitor’s handhelds, Zebra’s 3600-class scanners have been engineered for the harshest conditions with a working temperature range between -22o F to 122 o F (corded) or -4 o F to 122 o F (cordless) and 30% more working range. Secure data- capture accuracy and continuous visibility with the next level of rugged technology.
- Enhanced data-capture capabilities – Enjoy more first-time scans for your 1D and 2D barcodes. Reach the farthest warehouse racks with long-range data-capture that extends as far as 70ft.
- Readily rugged design – Venture into the harshest conditions with an environmentally tested device that withstands pouring rain, condensation, dust, and up to 5,000 tumbles.
- Secured connectivity that fits your workforce – While other Bluetooth cordless scanners can impair connectivity, the 3600-Series come with Zebra’s WiFi Friendly mode, eliminating workflow disruptions.
- Simplified device management – Complimentary tools such as 123scan and Scanner Management Service facilitate scanner deployment and maintenance, monitoring battery performance and overall device health. Lower TCO with less downtime and maximized device lifespan.
Pair your ultra-rugged scanner with ultra-rugged labels, designed by you and for you when you customize your Zebra consumables to fit temperature requirements. Choose from over 300 pretested materials to develop quality labels that preform flawlessly beyond the moment of application.
Not sure how to start your solution? Contact Avalon Integration today for a close walkthrough on how to strengthen your workforce with the most durable technology available.
To see the full capabilities of Zebra’s 3600-Series Scanners, download our application brief here.