While the healthcare crisis certainly affected supply chains worldwide, it did not replace previous challenges and risks within warehousing. For example, over 1000 data breaches still took place in 2020, costing as much as $500,000 per incident. Labor turnover rates continued to reshape distribution centers, and as expected, the demand for fast order fulfillment has not relented. Maintaining undisrupted productivity continues to be a challenge faced by small and large warehouses alike. To address these issues, businesses are encouraged to unify their teams through:
- Reliable digitization since it increases data availability across the supply chain while diminishing the risks of manual data entry errors. Digitized storage allows teams to update inventory counts, manage incoming shipments, and verify outbound orders in real time through a handheld device, so when changes do occur, the whole workforce can be readily notified and connected. This helps teams quickly adapt to disruptions without impacting productivity in and out of the warehouse.
- User-friendly enterprise mobility that integrates familiarity into an enterprise format. By reducing learning curves and adoption times, user-friendly mobile devices can accelerate worker connectivity, allowing them to be productive on their first day and to navigate through warehouse operations without confusion.
Integrating Mobile Digitization with Zebra Technologies
To establish end to end connectivity within the workforce, Avalon partners with leading manufacturers like Zebra Technologies to simplify digitization with intuitive enterprise-ready devices. Future-forward systems like Zebra’s Workforce Connect can be combined with rugged Android devices to:
- Streamline crucial workflows through one platform – replace 2-way radios and handheld scanners by combining them both in one Zebra mobile computer.
- Certify task completion – Use Workforce Connect’s task manager to assign and manage workflows remotely throughout your operations. When changes occur, simply notify teams via their handheld to minimize disruptions.
- Connect groups through secured communication channels – Zebra’s Fortified Android protects sensitive data with recurring security patches and government-grade encryption, so your team can integrate push-to-talk capabilities within their devices without security risks.
- Unify field teams – Track delivery status to verify shipping accuracy and driver productivity. Plus, notify field teams of rerouting changes when needed to avoid delays.
To see how zebra’s workforce connect enhances the modern supply chain, download our brochure here.
In unifying teams through seamless connectivity solutions, operations are able to prevent breakdowns, bottlenecks, and costly shortages that impact the customer experience. Reach out to our modernization experts today to explore more connectivity solutions that set your teams one step ahead of change.