As your inventory moves down the supply chain, product identification remains crucial to avoid bottlenecks and delays. Enterprise labels have proven indispensable as they remove the probabilities of errors stemming from manual data entry. However, as consumer demands continue to rise for faster and accurate order fulfillment, printers must process many more labels within a short time frame. Reports indicate that U.S.warehouses are shipping nearly 36 million packages per day. If improper consumables are used to print labels for all +30 million parcels, even the most rugged printers may fall prey to early damage and failure, resulting in costly downtime. Fortunately, the right label will not only protect barcode legibility but also printer performance by:
- Mitigating printhead scratches – When labels are made from subpar materials, the label’s surface may become porous and sandpaper-like. While this surface-type may not harm a printer initially, continuous use will eventually scratch the printhead, creating faded gaps on the barcode. For high-volume operations, this could hold up entire workflows and leave room for scanning errors since the altering printhead may change the barcode’s legibility.
- Reducing debris build-up – In addition to scratching printheads, porous labels may also leave back small paper particles each time they pass through the printer. Moreover, tightly-wound labels may also leave residual adhesive, which combined with paper particles will create bigger build-up jams that impede the printing process.
- Eliminating roll slack – Lastly, when liner rolls are not at an optimized orientation, such as inward facing label rolls, they may create additional label slack within the printing mechanism, disrupting the barcode upon printing as the mechanism may tug on the roll. For a real-life demonstration of this issue, see our video.
Skip on your next printer jam with Zebra Certified Consumables
It’s widely established that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all labeling solution.Environmental differences and varying compliances may require different sorts of labels to maintain efficiency. Regardless of the requirement, Zebra’s wide portfolio of certified consumables offers multiple and customizable labels that…
- Undergo rigorous testing for consistent quality
- Meet ISO and additional compliance requirements
- Employ pre-tested materials that minimize adhesive and debris build-up
Empower your operations through high demands with a labeling solution that supports more uptime and less worker stress. Contact Avalon to learn how you can take the first step towards intelligent modernized printing