Zebra’s newest DS3600-KD is expected to set a new standard in ease-of-use, yet at face-value, one might wonder how an additional keypad is more beneficial to a scanner, and how it differs from previous touch-computers. While similar to enterprise computers, the keypad-scanner merger lowers adoption rates since it is familiar to employees already using handheld scanners, particularly the frontline workforce. An additional keypad harnesses small-scale benefits that work together to speed up data entry for faster service. In doing so, distribution centers can meet higher customer expectations surrounding faster and same-day shipping – all without additional strain and costs to an already busy workforce.
4 Ways Zebra’s Additional Keypad Elevates Operations
When workers can key in crucial data such as location and quantity directly on the spot, they no longer have to waste time interacting with additional host devices or rescanning the same object for more data. Moreover, the DS3600-KD is equipped with pre-built applications to further elevate operations through:
- Eliminating additional trigger pulls – A keypad boosts ergonomics by decreasing instances of finger fatigue as workers can adjust quantity data with one hand.
- Adding location data to individual products – Quickly update locationing information by entering aisle and shelf number to your scanned data. This further accelerates order picking as following shifts can use previously captured data to find products in the warehouse.
- Image documentation – Capture images of the assembled order and share it with your host for a recorded verification track of orders and possible damages.
- Quick matching scans – Scan the container’s outer label and then each individual item inside an order with the help of the screen’s visible confirmation to make sure the container has an accurate completed order before shipment.
- Sustainable inventory cycle counting – To ensure 99.99% inventory accuracy across the warehouse, the DS3600-KD has been developed to retain connectivity even when away from the cradle, so your data is always transmitted to the host as your workers navigate around the workspace.
Get a closer look into how the DS3600-KD is setting a new standard in intelligent durability with our application brief, available here.
The limits of innovative efficiency are constantly expanding to embrace a new generation of fast, accurate, and customer-centric technologies. Reach out to an Avalon modernization expert to explore a new way to optimize data capture with Zebra’s newest ultra-rugged scanner.