For the past twenty years, Avalon Integration has always prided itself in being able to offer in-person development and maintenance support, yet with the coronavirus spread, on-site services are no longer recommended. However, this has not changed our commitment to providing quality service. That’s why our experts have taken the time to round up all the resources you need to facilitate remote technical assistance. From specialist advice to hands-on virtual assistance, we are here to make sure you receive reliable and knowledgeable technical support no matter the crisis.
Jump to a Specific Resource:
- How to Build Your Mobile Workstation
- What Specialized Types or Media Should You Integrate Into Your Operations
- How to Properly Clean Your Zebra Printhead
- How to Properly Clean Your Mobile Devices
- How to Run Diagnostics Independently on Your Zebra Device
- How to Repair/Replace Your Zebra Device
- Still Having Trouble? Avalons Here to Help.
How to Build Your Mobile Workstation
Now more than ever, mobility is crucial to keep operations running smoothly, which is why Avalon continues in its partnership with Newcastle and Zebra Technologies to provide you with mobile workstations that streamline data entry with:
- One long-range Zebra handheld scanner
- One industrial yet movable Zebra printer
- Newcastle’s mobile cart and display screen.
See how it comes together in our video:
What Specialized Types or Media Should You Integrate Into Your Operations
Print and apply labels dominate most applications, yet at Avalon, we are always striving to take efficiency up a step, which is why we equip your operations with Zebra’s family of certified consumables, designed to accelerate processes with your choice of:
- Continuous labels – Eliminating paper waste, continuous labels allow you to choose label length to fit your applications.
- Peel-and-present labels – These consumables accelerate labeling by removing the liner as labels are printed. They are ideal for low to medium volume operations.
- Linerless labels – Get more prints per roll with a label that has no liner at all. This is ideal for mobile printers since it eliminates hanging liner paper, which could cause an accident on the warehouse floor.
- Custom labels – Choose from over 300 pretested materials to assemble a label tailored to your operations’ needs. Plus, count on fast replenishments since Zebra labels are sourced from your nearest label converting facility.
- Dissolvable labels – Remove the stress of time-consuming label removal with the 8000D label which dissolves readily in water.
Explore Zebra’s full range of certified consumables here.
How to Properly Clean Your Zebra Printhead
In time, even the best printheads can become worn down. While Zebra Certified Consumables are designed to minimize adhesive buildup and printhead scraping, we still recommend cleaning your printhead to avoid surprise downtime. Discover a quick and fast way to clean your Zebra printhead in our video below:
Further eliminate premature printhead failure when you enroll in the Zebra Printhead Protection Program and make Zebra Consumables your media of choice, so you get:
- Free printhead replacements
- Consistent print quality devoid of scannability and reprinting issues
- Convenience of a one-source supplier
Download our flyer to learn more.
How to Properly Clean Your Mobile Devices
Improper cleaning and harsh chemicals can damage your device, and with hundreds of bacteria inhabiting warm handheld devices, establishing proper sanitation practices is crucial to ensure workforce safety and device availability. As a Zebra Premier Solutions Partner, Avalon Integration helps you create proper disinfection strategies tailored to the device type.
Further, protect your operations by referring to your device’s user guide for proper cleaning methods.
How to Run Diagnostics Independently on Your Zebra Device
Your workforce needs their technology to keep operations running, so when devices are out for repairs, your overall workflow is impacted. As part of Zebra’s valued Mobility DNA family, Device Diagnostics increases device availability by empowering you to run simple diagnostics on-site without prolonged wait times or extensive repairs.
- Certify issues are found and resolved through an easy-to-understand interface
- Test scanner operability, audio, and touchscreen/button functionality at the palm of your hands
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues no matter your networking preferences
- Monitor battery performance and cradle functionality
With the press of a button, test your devices’ major systems to either eliminate common errors or accelerate the repair issue by targeting the problem before your device reaches the repair center.
How to Repair/Replace Your Zebra Device
When your device truly needs to be repaired, Avalon works hard to match your needs to qualified experts while providing quick replacement solutions to uphold productivity. Zebra’s OneCare service stands as an excellent example of timely support tailored to your business size. Choose from three tiers of coverage to get:
- Trusted comprehensive coverage
- 3-time repair turnaround time
- Entree to restricted software
- Cloud-based view for your mobile devices
- Up to 24/7 live-agent support
- Assisted Device commissioning and spare pool management (Available for Select and Premier tiers)
See how easy it is to integrate Zebra’s OneCare service into your support system when you download our flyer here.
Still Having Trouble?
If you need more in-depth assistance, ask our warehousing experts to find the answers to all your questions. To see how you can maximize uptime with Zebra hardware, contact us for a free demonstration of any device of your choice.