Despite the high demand for fast order fulfillment, warehouses nationwide continue to grapple with the increasing labor shortage since pre-pandemic years. As the older workforce ages out, warehouses struggle to retain younger and experienced team members, with 51% of employers citing outdated technology as one of greatest hurdles in keeping operational success. While familiar to a selected few, legacy devices can ultimately lead to:
- Higher adoption rates for new hires
- Increased likelihood of user errors
- Longer processing times
- Breakdowns in communication
- Frustrated and/or disengaged employees
To prevent these issues and meet customer demands, Zebra’s latest mobile computers bring a new level of familiarity and ease of use to the supply chain, empowering workers to accomplish more in less time.
Meet a New Level of Efficiency
Built on a foundation of durable enterprise-grade devices and 2020’s demand for flexibility, newer mobile devices like Zebra’s rugged handhelds quickly adapted to eliminate repetitive tasks and workflow complexities by leveraging…
- Android’s user-friendly interface – Unlike Microsoft’s outdated Windows OS, Android offers a familiar user platform that resembles consumer-grade smartphones, drastically accelerating adoption rates for fast and seamless deployment. Zebra’s EC50/55 takes familiarity a step farther with integrated push-to-talk capabilities straight out of the box for instant telephony functions and decreased TCO.
- Digitized operational visibility – Inventory and asset identification becomes easier when paper-based systems are out of the picture. Automated data capture and intelligent scanning bypass manual data entry for updates and workflow notifications. This equips the workforce with near real-time visibility on stock counts, available personnel, and pending tasks all through one handheld device such as Zebra’s TC52.
- Fortified data security – Besides beating consumer-grade devices in rugged durability, Zebra’s handheld computers also maximize security with government-grade encryption, two-factor authentication, and 90-day recurring security patches to keep devices up and running for as long as 10 years. Devices like the MC9300 combine design and computing strength to deliver one long-lasting mobility device that fits even in the most demanding environments.
As a Zebra Premier Solutions Partner, Avalon facilitates upgrades through the GO Zebra Trade-In Program. Simply upgrade mobile devices from any manufacturer and get cash back rebates towards your new device.
Modernized mobility can take many shapes. Find yours when you reach out to our modernization experts to see how you can enhance worker performance in your operations today with a new edge of enterprise mobility.