Past studies have showcased the concerning lack of trust consumers have in food & beverage companies regarding product safety. A mere 22% of shoppers have stated that they fully trust companies to accurately verify product integrity. However, as consumer expectations shift throughout time, effective traceability is no longer the only driving force behind RFID adoption.
Dynamic supply chains involving a variety of similar SKU units in a wide geographical range must not only verify product quality, but also ensure ETAs are met, order accuracy, and seamless data transmission, all with a smaller carbon footprint. For example, current research shows that 77% of shoppers now use a mobile device to initiate a purchase. This means distribution centers must be able to aggregate data coming in from multiple terminals and distribute tasks proactively across the workforce. In other words, real-time RFID visibility could assist with:
- Reducing inaccurate handling and storage risks
- Verifying in-stock materials as orders come in
- Tracing manufacturing workflows to prevent recalls
- Simplifying real-time order tracking for customers
- Connecting order picking teams with real-time demands
- Consolidating several data points onto a digitized form for easier auditing
When “high-speed” meets “high-volume”, only the toughest solutions will do.
Distribution centers now require flexible and durable technologies to satisfy multiple demands at once. That’s where next-generation devices like Zebra’s new RFD90 Ultra-Rugged RFID Sled come in handy. Tailored to adapt to leading operating systems and mobile devices, the sled exemplifies RFID’s strides when it comes to evolving inventory management through:
- Ergonomic design that favors worker comfort and durability
- Enhancing scanning performance for large workspaces
- Flexible connectivity options to pair with Android, Windows, and iOS devices
- Tap-to-pair setup for faster solution deployment
- Remote device management via pre-installed WiFi 6
- A variety of charging options to ensure around-the-clock device performance
Learn more about Zebra’s new RFD90 Sled in our fact sheet.
As consumer demands continue to grow, technology can expect to mature alongside them. Reach out to an Avalon expert to learn how you can keep optimizing your warehouse with locationing and visibility technologies designed to thrive in today’s order fulfillment challenges.