E-commerce and the drive for personalization are adding to the complexity of today’s operations. Modern-day customers expect a unique shopping experience centered on their needs as well as faster delivery anytime and anywhere they desire. As a result, warehouses and distribution centers must adapt to meet demands. According to Zebra’s 2019 Warehousing Vision Study, 79% of organizations plan on expanding size within the next two years. Once devoid of large warehouses, bustling urban areas like New York City have seen an exponential rise in new warehouse leases as companies scramble to get closer to customers to provide better (and faster) service. As extreme as these efforts may sound, they all depend on a crucial factor: visibility.
Managing stock quantities, labor efficiency, and asset usage, visibility solutions such as RFID tracking, Internet of Things, and Blockchain can optimize your workflow. Implementing solutions like these and more for over twenty years, Avalon Integration has seen up close how greater operational intelligence changes businesses by:
- Connecting disparate teams within your supply chain through accessible data
- Providing trackable purchase and shipping patterns in and out of peak seasons
- Delivering manageable collected data to create a more personalized customer experience
- Reducing bottlenecks and inefficient labor through greater device availability
However, before experiencing any of these reliefs, one must start by identifying the warehouse’s dark spots.
Signs You’re Working the “Dark”
While every business is intrinsically unique, there are a few common consequences to the lack of transparent visibility which can suggest your workforce is operating in the dark.
- Stocked inventory seems to be recurrently out of place or difficult to find, causing order fulfillment processes to stall.
- Order accuracy is difficult to maintain as inventory is wrongly picked. Consequently, more inaccurate orders are returned, clogging up your reverse logistics processes.
- Workers take too long to accomplish tasks either because of bottlenecks or missing crucial assets.
- Necessary devices such as printers, scanners, and forklifts, are rarely located close to where they are most needed, increasing worker travel time.
Turn on the Light with Zebra RFID
Out of the many locationing solutions available today, we are excited to recommend Zebra’s next generation of RFID technology as an enterprise-ready and efficient tracking solution. Maximizing visibility with rugged handheld scanners and high-accuracy antennas, Zebra RFID can track moving assets and inventory, empowering you with manageable and intelligent insight into your everyday operations.
As a proud Zebra Premier Solutions Partner, Avalon Integration offers complete RFID solutions, from software implementation to testing, to maintenance. Integrate modernized visibility with:
- Pretested rugged RFID labels
- Adaptable RFID industrial printers
- Highly ergonomic handheld readers
- High-capacity reader antennas
It’s not too late to see these technologies in action. Contact us for an RFID demonstration at your convenience with our automation specialists to enhance your operations from the inside out.