Dramatically cutting down wait-times for faster outputs, direct thermal printing is often a favorite when it comes to optimizing productivity. Without using inks and toner, direct thermal printers stand as both a fast and cost-effective solution to most industries’ printing needs. However, even this innovative solution may deteriorate over time if the proper supplies aren’t used.
Enhancing efficiency from the inside out, Avalon Integration understands the inner workings of thermal printers and the need for quality consumables, which is why we encourage companies to ask their labels three basic questions before committing to direct thermal printing.
- Can You Handle Heat? – Unlike transfer thermal printing, direct thermal printing creates copies by printing directly on the media through heated plates pressing against heat-sensitive paper. Heat-resistance is a key element in selecting quality printing supplies for your thermal printer since weaker supplies may damage printheads, leading to premature printhead failure.
- Can You Handle Light? – Although direct thermal printing requires fewer supplies to operate, printed media may darken over time if continuously exposed to light. To preserve data, make sure labels are stored properly and consider choosing an extra coating for longer applications.
- Can You Handle Time? – From traffic tickets to retail receipts, data should remain legible and functional after being printed. Inadequate labels may smear, rip, or simply lose adhesiveness over time if they aren’t made with the necessary rugged materials.
If your labels answer now to any of these questions, it might be time to switch your label solution to a new dependable one.
Have it All with Zebra Printing Supplies
Meticulously tested to withstand the latest innovations in direct thermal printing, Zebra Printing Supplies always answer “yes” to all three questions. Maximize operational efficiency with labels engineered for success in every application.
- Meet application requirements with ISO 9001:2008 certified materials
- Get consistent results since we always use the same quality materials run-to-run
- Ensure label efficiency with environment-resistance labels
- Increase printer lifespan with less leftover debris and glue clogging printheads
- Design labels to match your brand identity and company needs
Printing supplies should never harm your printer. Experience the efficiency of direct thermal printing without the hassle of printhead failure when you enroll in Zebra’s Printhead Protection Program. Qualify for free printhead replacements when you make Zebra your exclusive quality supplier.
If you find yourself asking you labels too many questions, such as “did that come out right” you can download the infographic by clicking here, then start uncovering the lasting benefits of Zebra Certified Consumables with Avalon Integration. Start your order today with our label experts to maximize your consumables’ performance with the latest printing technology.