As 2020 draws near, the talk of OS migration will only become more urgent. Without OS updates and security patches, companies currently relying on Windows Mobile may face the risk of frequent crashes and breeches. Because careful strategy is key to a successful migration, Avalon Integration advises starting now. The first step is selecting a new OS. It comes to no surprise that we stand with Zebra Technologies in recommending Android as the wisest choice.
Currently powering over 80% of consumer and enterprise devices, Android provides a flexible ecosystem that allows the integration of future necessary applications, OS updates, and security patches. However, because it also serves consumer-grade devices, companies may still be skeptical, especially when compared to other popular systems such as iOS.
Fortified Android Fit Engineered by the Experts in Rugged Technology
To prepare Android for the industry’s tough demands, Zebra has developed Mobility Extensions Mx – a fortified Android fit for protecting the high influx common in enterprise-grade devices. Paired with the OS’s natural adaptability and familiarity, Mx makes Android the industry-ready OS perfect for any company, with benefits absent from Android’s standard version.
- Tailored locks block off features, creating a single-purpose device to ensure continued productivity regardless user’s clearance level.
- Government-grade encryption, AES 256 provides high-level security, meeting numerous industry requirements.
- Various encryption levels permit for flexible security options without compromising device performance
- Centrally managed encryption allows for simple SD card removal and replacement.
- New security patches are readily available through Zebra’s internal response team.
- Silent updates do not require user authorization to be installed
- Automatic updates maintain a seamless workflow
When choosing your new operating system, choose one that enhances your devices’ security, expands control, and boosts assets. Speak with us today to learn how Mx can protect your devices and to start a successful strategy for your migration.