Unlike traditional enclosed workspaces, field service and T&L operations grapple with a unique challenge: sustaining workforce visibility. As field and transportation teams venture into farther locations, mainstream solutions fail to sustain end-to-end visibility, causing communication breakdowns, delays, and worker stress. Zebra’s latest Field Service Vision Study depicts the growing push for stronger visibility as real-time locationing, blockchain, and 5G technologies drive major field operation investments. Ultra-durable technologies have emerged to support these initiatives, yet rugged tablets like Zebra’s L10 Android Tablet, have proved to go a step farther than popular mobile devices by addressing the following challenges:
- Certify customer expectations are met at point of service. Zebra rugged XPAD tablets are equipped with intelligent scanners and high-resolution cameras to quickly capture data to verify shipments and tasks were completed successfully within their stipulated timeframes.
- Pinpoint worker location. Remote work has become a foundational part of the post-pandemic world. Rugged tablets integrate locationing software that targets team-members for better accountability and resource planning. Furthermore, the L10’s 13MP rear camera facilitates split-second capture for proof of condition/deliver/service directly on site.
- Update task completion in real-time. Flexible connectivity options incorporating NFC, WiFi, cellular networking, 5G, and other options keep teams connected to in-office teams, so statuses can be regularly updated in real-time of any changes and bottlenecks.
- Assign and prioritize routes based on outside notifications. When changes happen, rugged tablets enable quick notification dispersion thanks to flexible connectivity options, keeping entire teams unified to overcome changes. Moreover, drivers can see notification and routing updates on their vehicle mounted tablets at a glance thanks to a bigger screen, preventing accidents.
- Protect communication channels despite increased distances. Enterprise-grade devices are able to sustain exposure to harsh environments such as snowy temperatures and high heat. This averts device breakdowns while on the road, securing continuous performance for sustained workflow visibility.
Elevated efficiency fits on the field and anywhere else you need it.
Following a line of previous flexible devices, Zebra’s Rugged Tablets further minimize deployment stress by adapting to high-demand workflows both in and out of the warehouse, facilitating standardization across the supply chain. Harness the power of maximized workflow visibility along with:
- Greater data security backed by Android’s recurring updates and security patches.
- Up to 24 hours of battery power delivered through hot-swappable batteries.
- Lightweight magnesium frame to withstand subzero and heat exposure.
- Long-range WiFi connectivity supported by Zebra’s WorryFree WiFi DNA application.
Dive into the future of expanded field visibility with Zebra’s Rugged Tablets with Avalon’s new digital experience.
For more information on Zebra’s Rugged Tablets, contact Avalon’s modernization experts for a free demo.