In less than a week, from March 9th through 12th, Avalon Integration will join over 900 technology experts in navigating through the modernized landscape of efficient supply chain systems at the Modex 2020 Tradeshow. While there are countless different technologies redefining operations, our innovation specialists explore RFID locationing in-depth as it enhances inventory management. Expanding visibility from door to dock, RFID improves order accuracy, a goal no operation can afford to overlook.
With e-commerce complicating warehouse operations, achieving transparent inventory management has become complex yet necessary in order to remain competitive. Committed to optimizing operations, Avalon Integration investigates the unceasing importance of inventory accuracy and how RFID can help maximize transparency within the digital age.
Oversight that Leads to Insight
Out of the many solutions taking the warehousing industry by storm, RFID locationing has risen as a key strategy in improving accuracy. Precise and efficient, RFID can be used to:
- Mitigate risks – Maximizing visibility, RFID allows you to pinpoint moving assets and purchase patterns, giving you insight into possible influxes, bottlenecks, and lulls within operations.
- Enhance customer experience – As one of the newest prime differentiators between online stores, customer service is closely tied to proper inventory management since customers cannot expect to purchase products that are unaccounted for or unavailable. RFID antennas and readers can track incoming inventory, allowing you to better manage in-stock items.
- Reduce product shrinkage – Whether due to theft or misplacement, product shrinkage drained over $50 billion in 2018. Increased product visibility and tracking can minimize lost items while preventing shoplifting.
- Manage storage space – Just as problematic as out-of-tocks, over-stocks can devalue your products while also occupying valuable storage space. By tracking how fast products are purchased/moved, you can avoid overstocking and better distribute warehousing space.
When considering RFID, Avalon recommends Zebra’s RFID technology for its durability, extended accuracy, and versatility. From long-range readers to rugged handheld scanners to pretested tags, Zebra’s RFID technology is engineered for dependable functionality in any environment.
How to Start?
As with any optimization strategy, RFID requires careful planning before outright deployment. Consider the following steps when beginning your RFID strategy:
- Establish measurable goals using key performance indicators
- Identify specific pain points to be addressed by your new solution
- Certify all solution participants (operators, administrators, store associates, etc.) are on board with change
- Verify tag and application requirements
See these steps in action in Zebra’s RFID Pilot Guide.
Get a closer look into the best RFID solutions on the market when you join us at booth #3607 at Modex 2020 or start building your solution today with our knowledgeable team of automation experts.