As industries continue to navigate through the “New Normal”, several distinct shopping patterns have risen to prominence such as click-and-collect. Way before the pandemic, click-and-collect had already climbed 47% within the 2017 holiday season. During the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, click-and-collect purchases skyrocketed 443%, and it is estimated to continue rising as customers adapt to a new more convenient way to shop. To remain competitive in today’s retail landscape, more and more stores are turning to click-and-collect services. However, because every enterprise is inherently unique, Avalon Integration recommends the following questions to ask yourself before committing to a new order fulfillment system.
Does your team have access to inventory visibility?
Now more than ever, customer expectations drive engagement. Reports indicate that nearly 85% of customers consider returning to retailers who allow them to track their orders. Those same expectations carry over to click-and-collect services, which is why inventory visibility is crucial. Superior inventory visibility empowers you, teams, too:
- Mitigate surprise out-of-stocks by replenishing items before they reach established risk thresholds
- Locate inventory more promptly to increase throughout
- Prepare for purchase surges by tracking high-demand inventory
Have you secured reliable communication between team members and customers?
To further meet customer expectations and diminish worker stress, companies are encouraged to maintain secured communication channels within the supply chain to avoid any surprises. While there are many connectivity options available, superior options are marked they their versatility and flexibility, such as Zebra Technologies various connectivity systems:
- Zebra Workforce Connect – Easy to deploy, Workforce Connect brings your mobile device to a new level by integrating push-to-talk and PBX capabilities and secured text messages into your devices without interruptive backend changes. Scalable and cost-effective, Workforce Connect allows users to create groups and assign roles within an adaptable architecture, streamlining communication channels into your mainstream operations.
- WorryFree WiFi – As part of Zebra’s family of Mobility DNA applications, WorryFree WiFi helps secure wall-to-wall connectivity to enhance device performance anywhere in the warehouse, making sure your device is able to receive order changes as they come since it remains connected to WiFi. Accelerating response times, WorryFree WiFi also delivers better voice quality and network diagnostics to maximize uptime.
- Complete cellular network flexibility – Zebra’s line of ergonomic compact touch-computers can provide safe communication channels that fit your current operations, connecting your warehouse and field teams through their current mobile devices. Choose from either cellular, Bluetooth, or WiFi connectivity all protected by Zebra’s fortified Android interface.
What is your staff size?
Last but not least, to accommodate a smaller workforce within a more demanding market, click-and-collect solutions generally require a smaller team to operate, diminishing unnecessary labor efforts and 3PL expenses. This also allows other team members to focus on different tasks without impacting throughput. By refocusing in-store tasks, click and collect services can empower you to enhance:
- Inventory management
- In-store customer service
- Delivery services
- Online couponing
Simply put, click-and-collect opens up a myriad of opportunities if integrated correctly. To see if click and collect are right for your business, contact us today.