There are several locationing systems available on the market today. Depending on your application requirements, certain solutions work better than others. As leaders in warehouse innovation, Avalon Integration provides real-time visibility solutions that match an array of workforce specifications. With efficiency in mind, we’re proud to present the leading advancements in locationing technology – RFID and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
Partnering with Portable Technology Solutions, we construct new tracking systems that fit both workplace and budget requirements without sacrificing functionality. Using Zebra certified tags and hardware, our warehousing experts are ready to answer all your locationing questions.
Understanding the Difference from Tag to Tag
While similar in function, passive RFID and BLE tags bring different sets of benefits to your inventory management system. Before designing your locationing strategy, it is crucial to understand the difference between both.
Tag Lifecycle with RFID and Bluetooth
- Because RFID tags have become more cost-effective, they are ideal for large quantities of diverse inventory since they are disposable. However, while tags are relatively inexpensive, RFID readers cost more to install.
- Although BLE tags are more expensive compared to RFID, Bluetooth technology is still a cost-effective solution when it comes to scaling your new management system. Integrate your solution at your own pace, growing coverage as needed.
- In addition to tags, RFID locationing systems will require readers and scanners. Therefore, greater IT participation is expected. Nevertheless, Zebra’s intuitive technology and Avalon’s support team create a seamless implementation process that eliminates stress and long wait-times.
- Depending on the size of your tracking space, BLE deployment requires little to no IT integration. Plus, since Bluetooth technology has been installed in over 10 billion devices worldwide, your workforce may likely already be familiar with your new system.
Power and Connectivity
- Sustained by WiFi networking, RFID systems run as long as you’re connected. With Zebra’s long-range connectivity and WorryFree WiFi, transmissions remain uninterrupted and secure. Furthermore, reduce end-of-life issues since tags do not need batteries to function.
- Operating within a multi-channel spectrum, BLE systems can run despite connectivity issues as long as there is a two-way connection between tags and beacons.
See the RFID and Bluetooth Differences First-Hand
Helping you navigate the locationing landscape, Avalon Integration now works with Portable Technology Solution’s ClearStream service. Using the best benefits of both RFID and BLE, we create the visibility solutions your business needs. For more information, contact Avalon Integration for an in-depth assessment of your current management strategy.